Designed to address requirements of the most demanding industrial applications, the new family of the SPiiPlus EtherCAT controllers addresses the needs of high performance machinery with demanding multi-axis motion of up to 32 axes (and soon up to 64 axes). The SPiiPlus EtherCAT Master controllers are built on the field proven high performance line of SPiiPlus controllers, adding networking, scalability and flexibility addressing the needs of the state of the art industrial equipment at a better cost. Under the SPiiPlus EtherCAT Master you can link together up to 32 drives and countless I/O modules, made by ACS as well as EtherCAT modules made by third party (which comply with the CAN Over EtherCAT (CoE) protocol and had been qualified by ACS).
All axes on the EtherCAT network are fully synchronized to a 20kHz sampling and servo update rate with a time jitter of less than 0.1 microsecond.
Currently, ACS offers a family of EtherCAT master controllers:
- SPiiPlusNT - EtherCAT master control plugged into an MC4U.
- SPiiPlusNTM - Standalone EtherCAT master controller.
And the following EtherCAT slave drives and I/O modules:
- SPiiPlusDC - the whole line of MC4U multi-axis universal drive modules with power range of 100W up to 10kW per axis.
- SPiiPlus UDMnt - Single and dual economical Universal Drive Modules.
- SPiiPlus SDMnt - Four and eight axis Step motor Drive Modules.
- SPiiPlus PDMnt - Four axis interface to step motor and servo drives with Pulse/Direction interface.
- SPiiPlus IOMnt-8-8 - Digital IO module with 8 inputs and 8 outputs.
Click here to download the most updated datasheets.