- Economical EtherCAT® 4-Axis & 8-axis Stepper Drives Module
- 40Vdc, 3A per motor
- Optional built-in 40Vdc, 240W AC/DC power supply
- 8-Axis module: 7 Unipolar drives and one Bipolar drive
- 4-Axis module: 3 Unipolar drives and one Bipolar drive
- Open loop operation
- Programmable current level per axis: 1A, 1.5A, 2A, 3A
- Programmable microstep size per axis: Full, 1/2 , 1/4, 1/8, 1/16
- Two sets of P/D inputs and P/D outputs for Master/Slave operation
- General purpose I/O: 6 inputs 6 outputs
- Compact size: 290 x 130 x 90 mm3
The SPiiPlus SDMnt line of multi-axis open loop step motor drives modules are specifically designed to address the needs for economical solutions for machines with many open loop step motors operating as part of an EtherCAT® network.
It is fully supported by any of ACS’ EtherCAT® master controllers, such as the MC4Unt, SPiiPlusNTM and SPiiPlusSC soft Controller. The SPiiPlus SDMnt is available in 4 and 8 axis versions, with or without built-in supply.
Each unit includes one bipolar drive with up to 40Vdc, 3A. All other drives are unipolar with up to 40Vdc, 3A.
The current level is individually programmable for each drive and can be set to the following levels: 1A, 1.5A, 2A and 3A.
The step resolution is individually programmable for each drive and can be set to the following levels: full step, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 and 1/16 step.
The SPiiPlus SDMnt includes two sets of Pulse/Dir inputs and two sets of Pulse/Dir outputs for Master-Slave operation.
There are 6 general-purpose inputs and 6 general purpose outputs.
Modules with 40Vdc, 240W built-in motor supply are fed by 95Vac to 240Vac. The 40Vdc is also available as an output to power additional units. Modules without built-in motor supply are fed by a 12Vdc to 40Vdc input.
Each version is also fed with a 24Vdc control and logic supply that should not be removed during emergency conditions, thus keeping the logic and communication alive.
EtherCAT® is registered trademark and patented technology, licensed by Beckhoff Automation GmbH, Germany.